In an effort to provide our guests with the best yoga and meditation training, we have teamed up with Radha and Albert who have combined their experience of more than 25 years in offering wellness services to create the Happy Healthy Pokhara Retreat.
Radha Risal is a holistic health consultant and certified advanced yoga teacher with five years of training and experience in herbal organic food supplements for health and healing. She has completed an advanced Yoga Teachers Training at the Himalayan Yogini Retreat, Pokhara.
Radha has a B.S. in sociology and has worked with the United Nations programs for HIV prevention and also serving disadvantaged children.
In addition to teaching yoga, she also makes delicious Nepali delights. She is very knowledgeable in Nepali traditions and always eager to share what she has learned from the elders in her family.
Albert Schmaedick is a psychotherapist, meditation teacher, massage therapist, and holistic health practitioner who has been practising and teaching yoga for six years.
Albert is a resident volunteer therapist at Happy Healthy Pokhara Retreat who was first introduced to meditation 25 years ago when he attended a 10-day retreat with Ruth Denison, a Vipassana teacher and student of Goenka. After studying with Ruth for five years, he met Kobun Chino — a Japanese Zen Master in the lineage of Suzuki Roshi of Tassajara, California. Upon completing a year of study with Kobun, Albert was ordained as a lay monk in 1985 and has been teaching meditation ever since.
He also studied with Jack Kornfield who was trained by Ajahn Chah — the renowned Vipassana forest monk of Thailand. He studied detoxification therapy with the late Dr. Ann Wigmore of the Hippocrates Institute in Puerto Rico.
Albert has an M.A. in clinical psychology and practices Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (mindfulness or Buddhist psychology) with individuals, couples, and families. He is an expert in guiding people through lifestyle changes and internal cleansing and fasting programs.
6-days Yoga Program at The Castle Resort
We have known Albert and Radha for many years now and we are sure their teaching will help both freshers and experienced practitioners achieve their goals.
At The Castle Resort, Radha and Albert will be offering yoga training for various duration. They recommend at least 6 days of training, but their program is flexible and can be modified as per your requirements.
Their yoga program is ideal for beginners and intermediate practitioners who are looking into climbing one more step in the world of yoga. This program includes your accommodation at The Castle Resort where you will be staying on a small hilltop surrounded by natural beauty, overlooking the Phewa Lake and the World Peace Stupa. Your breakfast, lunch, and dinner are also included in the package.
- The package offers yoga and meditation practice. It’s ideal for students who want to focus on their yoga practice and also have a deep meditation course as well.
- Beginners and intermediate students are welcome.
- This program focuses on Hatha and Pranayama yoga and Vipassana (Mindfulness) meditation.
- Although we recommend at least 6 days/5 nights, this package can be customised with short or long duration yoga and meditation activities.
- For more information, please visit Happy Healthy Pokhara Retreat website.
- 7:00 – 7:30 — Upon waking up, drink water and green tea prepared with fresh lemon, ginger, and lemongrass.
- 7:30 – 8:30 — Go for a guided walk and meditation in the stunning natural surrounding.
- 8:30 – 10:00 — Pranayama yoga class.
- 10:15 – 11:15 — Breakfast.
- 11:30 – 12:30 — Yoga theory and philosophy. Classes on alternative health, lifestyle, and meditation. A time for questions and discussion.
- 12:30 – 13:00 — Free time.
- 13:00 – 14:00 — Lunch.
- 14:00 – 15:00 — Free time to relax, swim in the outdoor pool, get an optional massage, see the meditation teacher for a private consultation, or explore the Lakeside neighbourhood and enjoy time by the Phewa Lake.
- 15:00 – 16:30 — Hatha yoga class and a guided meditation.
- 16:30 – 18:00 — Free time.
- 18:00 – 19:00 — Dinner.
- 19:00 – 21:00 — Group support, sharing experience of the day, video or local musical entertainment when available.
- 21:00 – 22:00 — Meditation and teacher’s discourse and discussion.
- 22:00 — Evening tea and cookies, time to sleep.
Last Day — Same as daily schedule except program ends at 13:00.
- 5 nights stay at The Castle Resort on sharing basis.
- Yoga and mediation activities.
- Dinner on the day of arrival.
- Breakfast on the day of departure.
- 4 days breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Organic home made food keeping the vegetarian yogi diet in mind.
- Fresh artesian water straight from the mountains and filtered before being served